Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) has many advantages making it a preferred fuel solution in homes.
With global availability, environmental benefits, its natural by-product origin, transportation flexibility and diverse application, LPG plays a pivotal role in the transition towards a more secure, sustainable and competitive energy model.
LPG is a clean-burning efficient fuel and a vital source of energy for millions of people throughout the world.
A multi-purpose energy with literally thousands of applications, it has a high-energy content making it an excellent fuel for heating, cooking and automotive use.
Elgas is the largest marketer of LPG in the Trans-Tasman region and provides LPG for homes, businesses and barbecues.
It is also your source for select LPG appliances.
Operating the southern hemisphere’s largest LPG storage facility, and with locations around the country, rapid supply and reliable delivery can be ensured in virtually every area through a perfected delivery process with automatic tanker delivery and exchange delivery systems.
“Elgas is dedicated to the safety of our customers, employees and the communities in which they live.”
Elgas is proudly a member of The Linde Group and a member and supporter of the World LP Gas Association (WLPGA).
LPG is an exceptional energy:
- A clean, lower carbon energy source
- One of the cleanest conventional fuels available
- Emits about 20 percent less CO2 than heating oil and 50 percent less than coal
- Enables the transition from high carbon conventional fuels to renewable energy sources
- Can immediately replace polluting and higher carbon conventional fuels
- Energy efficient, as a high proportion of the energy content of LPG is converted to heat
- Secure, due to its dual origin and substantial reserves
- Available anywhere, anytime
- Enables decentralised power generation through small self-contained LPG generators
- Replaces chemicals in agriculture including sanitising livestock stalls and flame weeding.
For more information,